- In addition to the locations above, A+ Summer High School is available on the campus of UCLA.
A+ Summer High School challenges rising 9th and 10th grade students with high-level academic activities that develop the skills needed for high school success and achievement. Over the course of seven days, students will attend classes in advanced argumentative writing, critical reading, and logic/problem solving. Students will also receive seminars and lectures covering study skills and strategies such as time management, note taking and course planning.
The program is designed to give students who are already doing well in school an experience that is both challenging and fun. Participants will gain new academic tools that will help them excel even further academically. Our unique classes give students the one-on-one attention that is often missing in school, allowing them to explore their potential as writers, thinkers, and doers.
Students who hold at least a 3.0 GPA and have demonstrated responsible conduct and academic motivation in school are eligible for A+ High School.
When students leave the program, they will have:
- Challenged themselves to solve advanced logic problems and puzzles
- Designed a puzzle or game to be solved in a final tournament of minds
- Read and analyzed different literary genres in a college-like seminar
- Produced and directed a video project based on classic texts with a team of peers
- Written and developed several drafts of a well-argued persuasive essay