A+ Summer Pre-College Rising 11th and 12th grade students prepare for college-level academics and build skills to qualify for top colleges at A+ Summer Pre-College, held on the campuses of Stanford University and Yale University. Students attend courses in logic, research, writing, and presentations and develop the vocabulary, problem solving and critical reading skills necessary for success on exams and in college-level courses.
Students from even the best high schools are not always ready for the demands of university scholarship. Our goal is to prepare high school students to succeed in college by giving them experience with academic projects similar to those found in college classes in a dynamic, supportive and supervised environment.
Over the course of the 14-day program, students will:
- Author a well-reasoned paper that evidences organized argumentation and implements a theoretical framework
- Create a convincing academic presentation and defend their work before friends and faculty
- Leave with an academic timeline to assist in planning for college entrance and preparing for college academics, including a vocabulary development plan, time management tools, and a study skills tool kit
- Navigate a large university campus and carry out the independent skills necessary to be a successful college student
- Complete an introductory SAT preparation seminar and leave with a subscription to an e-Prep online SAT prep course!
Admission Requirements: A+ Summer programs are selective. Students must demonstrate academic abilities by submitting a copy of their report card or transcript evidencing a 3.0 GPA or equivalent. Exceptions to this rule are made on a case-by-case basis and require a writing sample.