Treatment Programs for Troubled Children and Adolescents
Inner Harbour offers a variety of therapeutic and educational services for children and families as well as development and training opportunities for clinical and educational professionals. Services are provided to young people from 6 to18 years old. TRICARE approved for ages 6-17.
Inner Harbour specializes in treating children and adolescents with significant psychiatric illness and impairment in behavioral, cognitive, emotional, familial, and/or social functioning. Admissions approval requires both clinical and financial clearance.
Inner Harbour provides services to clients regardless of race, gender, creed, national origin, or disability.
Clinical approval requires one or more of the following conditions:
* Evidence of a DSM-IV-R diagnosable mental disorder.
* Child or adolescent exhibits behaviors which are dangerous to self or others.
* There is a history of failed or insufficient inpatient or outpatient treatment efforts or inaccessibility of outpatient treatment.
* There has been unmanageable behavior in the home environment.
* There is evidence of severe dysfunction within the community or school system.
* There is a history of drug abuse or alcohol abuse.
* There is an absence or collapse of support systems to a degree that requires hospitalization.