The friends you make on this extreme scuba expedition aren’t necessarily the kind of friends you can e-mail when the trip is over. They’re eels and barracuda, schools of jacks, and sea lions begging you to play underwater. They’re pods of whales, dolphins and maybe even whale sharks swimming alongside your live-aboard scuba vessel. Share your most intimate moments with a giant blue whale or a tiny frogfish. And get acquainted with over 800 species of fish in the Sea of Cortez. Of course on this trip you’ll also make some real buddies, of the human kind. Twelve to thirteen teenagers like you, ready for a diving adventure in what Jacques Cousteau once dubbed, “the aquarium of the world.”
On this scuba intensive voyage, it isn’t just: dive, dive, dive. It’s also: achieve, achieve, achieve. Learn to surf on the Pacific coast. Earn multiple PADI certifications and an Emergency First Responder (EFR). And get the hang of sea kayaking as you paddle through towering cliff walls.
Meet our Staff!
The quality of any adventure program depends on the quality of its leaders. That’s why we begin every year with extensive staff training. It ensures our leaders have a special understanding of group dynamics, teamwork and leadership, plus a firm grasp of safety procedures. Through our selection process and rigorous training, the Broadreach staff comes prepared to make your adventure unforgettable.
Facts about Broadreach staff:
- They are chosen from 1000+ applicants
- They’re seriously smart!
- Our trips with academic accreditation are led by college professors or instructors with PhDs or master’s degrees in the field of study. You will also find professional scuba instructors, Royal Yachtmasters, experiential education professionals and graduate students.
- Every team has at least one instructor certified in emergency medicine as either a Wilderness First Responder or EMT with a minimum 80 hrs of training. (In contrast to a simple Wilderness First Aid certification.)
- Our staff participate in lengthy staff training
- They can be a great resource to pinpoint colleges in your area of interest, or even professional opportunities
- They are world travellers and ignite your passion for new experiences