For a summer of nonstop outdoor thrills with a group of teens your age, in a diverse country far from home, this program is it. “Pura Vida” is an expression used everywhere in Costa Rica and it literally means “pure life.” It’s a uniquely Costa Rican way of capturing all the natural treasures and abundant joy that exists here. Experience Pura Vida as you raft Class II and IV rapids on the Pacuare River. Pura Vida is felt at all the volcanoes, hot springs and canyons we visit, and as we zip line through tropical rainforest. But Broadreach takes the idea of Pura Vida even one step further–layering in meaningful conservation projects, examining the effects sustainable tourism up close, and learning how fair trade coffee goes from bean to cup.
Discover your budding inner naturalist in ecosystems that range from cloud forest to volcano to rainforest wildlife refuge. Leave with amazing friendships and fond memories of hiking, rafting, rappelling and the sound of howler monkeys ringing in your ears.
Meet our Staff!
The quality of any adventure program depends on the quality of its leaders. That’s why we begin every year with extensive staff training. It ensures our leaders have a special understanding of group dynamics, teamwork and leadership, plus a firm grasp of safety procedures. Through our selection process and rigorous training, the Broadreach staff comes prepared to make your adventure unforgettable.
Facts about Broadreach staff:
- They are chosen from 1000+ applicants
- They’re seriously smart!
- Our trips with academic accreditation are led by college professors or instructors with PhDs or master’s degrees in the field of study. You will also find professional scuba instructors, Royal Yachtmasters, experiential education professionals and graduate students.
- Every team has at least one instructor certified in emergency medicine as either a Wilderness First Responder or EMT with a minimum 80 hrs of training. (In contrast to a simple Wilderness First Aid certification.)
- Our staff participate in lengthy staff training
- They can be a great resource to pinpoint colleges in your area of interest, or even professional opportunities
- They are world travellers and ignite your passion for new experiences