Join us on a four to five-day backpacking adventure into the wilderness and experience the beautiful, awe-inspiring backcountry of Mount Rainier and it’s surrounding environment!
While on your adventure you will:
• Practice essential backpacking and survival skills: map and compass, basic first aid, hiking techniques, backcountry cooking, and more...
• Identify and track wildlife
• Learn plant identification and uses
• Participate in a service project to help earn the service hours you need to graduate
• Build meaningful relationships with peers and the natural world
• Relax in beautiful and remote locations
• July 14 – 18
• July 31 – August 3
(a mandatory orientation day for students and one parent/guardian will take place before each trip)
• Each trip will offer students the opportunity to earn service-learning hours through service
projects that may include trail and campsite rehabilitation, habitat restoration, and flood recovery. 8-10 hours of each trip will be devoted to a service project.
• Students will be joined by experienced and trained outdoor educators from the
Northwest Environmental Education Council.