At Black Box Strength and Conditioning Youth Camps, athletes learn how to create and maintain high levels of performance that translate into better results on and off the field of play. We provide the athlete with the knowledge to understand how the body works and the skills required to reach their desired level of performance. Included in Camp:
- Athlete Assessment: Each athlete is individually interviewed and assessed in order to prescribe exercises and stretches tailored to the athlete’s needs. This tailored approach is unique in strength and conditioning youth camps and a necessary step if the athlete desires to improve his or her performance.
- Olympic Lifting: Athletes are taught how to properly and safely perform the Olympic lifts: Snatch, Clean and Jerk, and Squat. Olympic lifting is the foundation of strength programs at Alabama, Florida, LSU, Oregon, TCU, Texas A&M and many others. We are experts at teaching and coaching Olympic lifting as our shown by our athletes competing in both National and International competitions.
- Strength and Power Development: In conjunction with Olympic Lifting we teach athletes dynamic exercises to develop strength and power in three key areas necessary for improved performance:
- Instantaneous Power production: Football, Track, Volleyball explosive sports.
- Short term sustained power production (10-30 seconds): Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, Track, Tennis, Football
- Sustained production: All sports
- Core Strength and Stability: The core is the conduit for power. If it is weak, the force produced from the legs dissipates as it transfers to the upper body. A rigid strong core promotes better power development and expression of that power. At Camp, athletes learn the importance of a strong core and how to develop one.
- Nutrition: The building block of the human body. In order to perform at a high level, the athlete must fuel him or herself correctly. We spend time each day talking with and educating the athlete about what it means to fuel the body for peak performance.
BlackBox Summer Camps are designed to prepare young athletes for the demands they will encounter in just about any sport they play. These camps are designed to teach young athletes how to move their body in the weight room to prevent injury first and create high levels of performance second. Proper movement mechanics are the foundation of this program and each athlete will leave camp with the knowledge to allow them to stay healthy over their entire careee!