Located on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, BASS is both a summer school and a summer camp. Brewster Academy Summer School offers an ideal environment for students ages 13-17. In addition to taking enrichment courses in a variety of subject areas, including English as a Second Language (ESL), STEM and Humanities courses, students also participate in a wide range of outdoor and social activities focused on skills training and life preparation.
"My daughter had an excellent experience at Brewster Academy Summer Session. She enjoyed the program and the staff. Your staff boosted her self-esteem. We would highly recommend your school to anyone."
Brewster Academy Summer School Program Content
All students take four one-hour elective courses for enrichment. International students who require English as a Second Language (ESL) will take two ESL courses, and then choose two hands-on electives with native speakers.
Afternoons are for projects and group activities which focus on team building and problem-solving skills, and adventure recreation activities such as canoeing, kayaking, and rock climbing.
- The unique combination of academics and adventure recreation. A blend of work and play!
- Respect - the BASS staff recognize that each student has his/her own learning style.
- Professional teachers and staff
- Hands-on learning environment focused on skills building in and out of the classroom.
- Small class sizes, individualized attention
- Location - Wolfeboro is a small town in central New Hampshire. Downtown is just a five-minute walk from campus.
- The sense of community - whether a student has come to BASS to improve English skills, to gain an academic credit, or to try out a boarding school environment, students become quick friends.
- Small dormitories, typically seven to twelve students. Americans and Internationals in double or triple rooms to give a sense of global community. Dorm parents live in the dormitory with the students and serve as mentors for community living.
Please visit our website for more information.