ABOUT CPI SPANISH IMMERSION SCHOOL, Costa Rica:
Founded in Costa Rica in 1991, CPI has over 22 years of experience and is the only Spanish as a second language institute in Costa Rica permitting total immersion experiences in three diverse, safe locations: the central valley (CPI Heredia campus), the cloud forest (CPI Monteverde campus), and the beach (CPI Flamingo campus).
CPI offers intensive courses of 20 or 27.5 hours per week, along complementary free services such as: airport pick on arrival day, international phone calls, WIFI, and weekly cultural activities. The maximum students per class are 4.
Offering a variety of programs, available according to specific interests, a few of the most popular are:
The CPI Minor Program, focused on Spanish language study, accepts teens aged 13 – 17 years from all countries.
- Teenagers successfully learn Spanish in a relaxed environment in a small class model which permits a high level of interaction and student participation.
- Personalized attention from our bilingual staff with supervision from a CPI chaperone.
- Teens live with a carefully selected Costa Rican family to experience another culture.
- Excursions allow the students to enjoy the tropical and varied wonders of Costa Rica.
CPI provides a certificate indicating the amount of hours of Spanish studied and the level attained. This certificate may be presented to the high school or it may be useful for university applications.
Teenagers 16 and older have the opportunity to earn undergraduate language credit from U.S. colleges and universities with programs available to teenagers wishing to earn credit for intensive Spanish study through “Language Credit Via Distance Education” program.
Teens 13 years and older may travel with or without their parents.
The Camp participants are male and female teenagers from 13 to 17 years old who enjoy playing soccer - they need not be professionals, just fans of the sport.
Participants can register with friends or individually, regardless campers meet teens from different states and countries while participating. Teens may travel alone. Or they may travel with their parents or relatives who are welcome to register for our Standard Spanish Program and excursions, or take advantage of our accommodations during the duration of the CPI Soccer Camp.
CPI has successfully achieved the perfect combination - soccer training with Spanish classes (and some adventure in the mix).
CPI provides a family friendly learning environment for parents traveling to Costa Rica with their children, perfectly combining Spanish immersion with a family vacation. The end result is a memorable linguistic and cultural experience!
- Parents and children study during the same morning schedule, but in separate age and level appropriate classes.
- Classes available for children 4 years old and up. Babysitting services during class time hours can also be arranged for younger children.
- Tours are available for the entire family traveling together.
- Accommodation in host families or apartments are available for an extra cost.
- Families can choose the dates most convenient to their schedule. Discounts for families are available upon request.
- Instituto Cervantes-The Associate Centers Network, Diplomas de Espanol como Lengua Extranjera (DELE)