Camp Phillip changes lives!
"I want to thank you for all you do at Camp Phillip. I could not believe the difference it made for my daughter. She is going through some very trying times in her life, and I believe she found a renewed sense of spiritual strength that week in Camp Phillip. Thanks for caring and for all your time and hard work. It can make a difference in a child's life." That's what one mother wrote after her daughter attended a summer camp program.
Camp Phillip provides relaxation in creation and renewal in Christ to WELS youth, adults, families, churches and schools throughout the year and by God's grace it changes people's lives.
Our summer programs for grades K-12 are great; our facilities are wonderful; but most important are the staff--the faith that is lived, the relationships that are made.
- Six experienced year-round staff coordinate all the programs.
- Over 25 paid staff, college age or older, are hired for the summer. They are selected because of their Christian leadership and ability to work with children; everyone participates in a complete staff training.
- More than 100 high school students pay to attend a week of training and return to volunteer where needed for a week or two.
- Adult volunteers help with food service, health care, crafts and maintenance.
Exciting, challenging recreation
- Our challenging high ropes course, available for 6th graders and older, leaves participants with memories they will never forget. The seven station course stresses goal setting, trust and Christian encouragement.
- The low ropes encourages groups to cooperate and communicate. Both ropes courses meet or exceed the minimum safety requirements of the ropes industry and are supervised by properly trained instructors.
- Swimming, boating and fishing on the Upper White River Millpond.
- Disc golf, volleyball, soccer, tetherball, archery and Paul ball.
- Ten cabins with 19 rooms accommodating from 3-13 people each for over 150 people anytime during the year & 4 conestoga wagons for 32.
- 40 campsites (half with electricity and water).
- Bathrooms with hot showers and flush toilets.
- Kitchen and Dining Hall which comfortably seats over 100 people.
- Camp store with Christian articles, such as T-shirts and tapes.