Join us at Camp SAY, the exciting summer camp where everything seems possible for a young person who stutters, where they develop the skills they need to communicate more effectively, build self-confidence, and forge friendships to last a lifetime.
Our sleep-away camp is located on a 500-acre ACA-accredited facility and welcomes children and teens who stutter, ages 8-18, and their young family members and friends. Young people from across the country and beyond attend Camp SAY year after year.
Camp SAY combines the highest-quality, traditional summer camp experience, with activities and programs that empower young people who stutter. We create a culture of acceptance and positivity where stuttering – the trait that many kids feel separates them from others – actually unifies them at Camp SAY.
Camp Is the Gift You Give a Child
It’s the gift of fun and friendships, but most important, a gift of self-confidence and improved communication that benefits each child for a lifetime.
Each day at camp provides an important balance between structured activities and choice, so children can discover their unique talents and enjoy the freedom of pursuing their personal interests and dreams. Campers spend time with children their own age and are also paired with camp buddies — so that older and younger campers can enjoy a rewarding mentoring experience. Activities include:
- Arts & Crafts − Painting, drawing, dance, dramatic arts, creative writing, pottery, singing, video production & more.
- Sports − Basketball, soccer, softball, tennis (8 all-weather courts/3 lighted), volleyball & more.
- Water Activities − Swimming in two spring-fed lakes and a heated swimming pool, plus canoeing, kayaking, waterslide, zip-line & more.
- Outdoor Activities − Hiking, rock-climbing, animal center, campfires (for S’mores & stories) & more.
- Equestrian Program − Horseback riding in a Certified Horsemanship Association Accredited facility, with five large riding rings, trail rides, horse care & more.
Camp SAY also offers a variety of speech therapy options, personalized to fit each child’s unique goals and needs. If speech therapy is of interest, individual or group therapy sessions are available, with peers who stutter. Therapy is led by a certified speech-language pathologist with extensive experience helping children who stutter. The choice of whether or not to participate in speech therapy is always up to each parent and child.
In addition to having incredible fun, children and teens leave Camp SAY with so many important and lasting benefits including increased confidence, new friendships, greater independence, and the feeling of being much better prepared to begin a new school year.
If desired, we are also delighted to connect you with a current camp parent so you can hear first-hand, all of the incredible results children receive at Camp SAY.
Financial Aid is also available, on a need-basis, for tuition & travel.
Camp SAY is a program of The Stuttering Association for the Young.
- Equestrian, Wilderness