Yoga Adventures Camp is a one-week day camp for 4 1/2-7 year-old children, directed by ChildLight Yoga and hosted at Dover Yoga Studio. The activities for Yoga Adventures Camp were specially chosen for their enriching qualities and alignment with our goal of offering children a fun, educational, and creative summer experience.
Check out the left sidebar of this page (www.childlightyoga.com/summer.php) to see what parents of 2006 campers had to say about Yoga Adventures Summer Camp!
Space is limited to just 12 children per camp. These are very popular camps - we were unable to accomodate last minute applications last year... Please apply early!
Click Here for camp BROCHURE & APPLICATION.
- enjoy a nurturing, supportive, non-competitive atmosphere.
- stretch and energize their bodies and minds.
- learn to express themselves creatively.
- practice working cooperatively in large and small groups.
- be introduced to activities they may not have tried before.
- learn mindfulness, self-calming techniques and relaxation.
- develop special friendships.
- have loads of fun!
A TYPICAL DAY AT CAMP:
- Gathering activities
- Kids Yoga Class
- Main activity/project
- Craft project and/or photo journals
- Yoga Games & Relaxation
- Closing activities
- Singing & Songwriting w/Sammie Haynes
- Camp t-shirt design
- Yoga photo journals
- Pottery painting at Naked Plates
- Martial Arts lesson at Black Belt Academy
- Community service project/activity
- Herb Gardens
- Yoga Play Obstacle Course
- Picnic & Games at Henry Law Park
2007 CAMP DATES:
July 9-13, 8:45am - 12pm
August 6-10, 8:45am - 12pm
(2nd child/same family, $170)
Lisa Flynn, Camp Director & Founder of ChildLight Yoga, is a Certified Yoga Ed. Instructor, Itsy Bitsy Yoga Facilitator and advanced-level Color Me Yoga Instructor. Learn more about Lisa and the numerous programs offered by ChildLight Yoga at: www.childlightyoga.com.
Kimberly Harris, Asst. Camp Director, recently earned her degree in Early Childhood Education at UMF and recently completed 6-month internship teaching Kindergarten. Kim has over 9 years experience working in educational and childcare environments. Children are naturally drawn to her creativity, warmth, bubbly personality.
Sammie Haynes, award-winning childrenís musician, performer and songwriter, has directed childrenís chorus and songwriting workshops since 1997. Learn about her and hear clips from her famous CDís at www.sammiehaynes.com.
Matt Randall, Owner of Matt Randallís Black Belt Academy, is a 5th Degree Senior Master Instructor with over 20 years experience teaching children, teens, and adults. For more info, visit: www.mrbba.com.
Matt Wood, Owner of Naked Plates , has been leading unique pottery projects with children for over 7 years. For more information, please visit www.nakedplatespottery.com.