Young singers interested in enjoying and developing their skills in musicianship will come together for an exciting week as they attend inspiring, interactive sessions at the University of Cincinnati, College-Conservatory of Music. Sessions will include Vocal Artistry, sight-singing, Musicianship through Movement, Music Theory, and Choral Artistry.
Eligibility and Participation Details
- All students must be teacher recommended or auditioned and have unchanged voices
- All students must be between the ages of 9 (third grade) and 15 (tenth grade).
- Tuition is $200 for the week including one t-shirt and one concert ticket. Scholarships are available based on economic need and audition.
- Festival will be held on the campus of the University of Cincinnati, College-Conservatory of Music. Sessions will run from 9 a.m. through 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Saturday 12:00-4:00.
- Registration deadline is July 1, 2013.
- Registration is limited and awarded on a first come-first served basis to eligible singers.
Festival 2013 commissioned composer is Cynthia Gray. Participants will premiere the commission and will have the opportunity to meet and work with the composer!
The Festival Staff
- Robyn Reeves Lana, Founder and Managing Artistic Director of the Cincinnati Children’s Choir, national clinician, certified Level III Orff-Schulwerk.
- , CCC Associate Director, Associate Professor of Music Education at CCM, choral education specialist/clinician, Kodaly specialist
- Sandra Bosher Thornton, Choral education specialist, Forest Hills Local Schools, CCC Associate Conductor – Vivace and Piccolo Coro
- , General Music Specialist, Kodaly and Orff Certified, National Teaching Certificate in Early/Middle Childhood Music Education.