In an effort to help young ladies and gentlemen become more self-confident and courteous, The Charleston School of Protocol and Etiquette, Inc. and the Wild Dunes Resort offer Civil Savvy Camp. The program is presented at the Wild Dunes Resort, a Charleston Island Resort in Isle of Palms, South Carolina from Monday, June 23 - Friday, June 27, 2014.
The five-day camp will help young ladies and gentlemen, ages 11-15 achieve important leadership and social skills.
Morning sessions of etiquette include:
· Manners are the basis of confidence
· Confidence is the foundation of leadership
· Positive attitudes
· Behaviors and beliefs
· Trust changes everything
· Self-respect that enables respect for others
· Conveying the proper handshake
· Introducing yourself and others
· The importance of eye contact
· Extending and accepting invitations
· Thank you notes
· Dining skills
· Giving and receiving compliments
· Telephone etiquette
· Smart phone etiquette
· Poise, a self reflection
· Posture to presence
· The art of listening
· The skill of speaking
· Host etiquette
· Guest etiquette
· And more.
Daily lunch tutorials will follow in the formal dining room.
Afternoon sessions will introduce the students to:
· The fundamentals of social dancing
· Public speaking
· Image development
· Respect for your body, the art of Qi Gong
· Rspect for yourself - The art of self defense
The program includes morning and afternoon classes, daily lunch tutorials, handouts, guest speakers, pool party, an afternoon tea and a graduation dinner.