CrossRoads’ summer camp program features eight weeks of residential camping. Highlights of the summer include high-energy group competitions called Color Wars, hikes to the summit of Dismal Mountain, daily age-appropriate worship, hilarious talent shows, visits from local and international missionaries, and countless recreational opportunities.
Here’s a snapshot of a typical day at CrossRoads:
- Morning worship next to the Piney River in our outdoor worship area
- Breakfast of waffles with strawberries and cream, sausage, cereal, and fresh fruit
- Visit with a missionary from South Africa and learn about their culture and ministries
- Climb one of our two indoor climbing walls in the recreation building
- Lunch of homemade pizza, steamed vegetables, and fresh fruit
- Quiet time and rest time in the cabin
- Swim or dive in our Jr. Olympic sized pool
- Visit our gift shop for a snack and CrossRoads souvenirs
- Participate in interactive and age-appropriate Bible Study with cabin mates
- Dinner of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, whole wheat roll, and brownie
- Compete in Color Wars with games like Water Balloon Slingshot and Pie Your Counselor
- Worship with all campers through music, skits, and Bible teaching designed just for students
- Enjoy Movie Night complete with ice cream treats
- Take part in cabin devotions led by counselors
- Lights Out!
Campers seeking extra adventure should check out one of our three High Adventure weeks which offer life-changing experiences such as rock climbing, rappelling, backpacking, and horseback riding. These weeks fill up fast, so sign up early!
Most weeks of camp are open to any boy or girl who has completed grades 4-12. For younger campers or families who want to experience camp together, we offer two Family Adventure Camps. These shortened weeks of camp are open to campers of any age and their parents. Family Adventure Camp introduces participants to many elements of a regular camp week while providing time for families to relax and fellowship together.
CrossRoads is proud to offer several weeks of camp that are open to girls only. Through both research and years of experience, we know that girls benefit from learning and playing in single-sex environments. At a time when many camps and programs are becoming coed, CrossRoads chooses to hold firmly to our heritage as a camp that builds up and encourages girls.
Campers’ comments on why they return to CrossRoads:
“Well, duh, this place is awesome.” Ben H.
“Because it’s the best Christian camp ever, and it is so much fun, and it’s a good experience.” Rachel W.
One parent said…
“My daughter absolutely loves to come to camp here! She loves meeting new people and all the activities that they do! She would probably stay longer if she could.”
Campers comments on their favorite parts of camp:
“The AMAZING staff and how willing and open they are to help you with any problem.” Amy C.
“I really loved all the food because it was always so delicious.” Tyler P.