Days End Farm Horse Rescue's Summer Program is a great way to jumpstart your child's volunteer experience at Days End Farm Horse Rescue and allow them to spend the day learning all about horses and helping to care for them! Youth participants enjoy a full day of learning, fun, horse riding, and friendship! Participants will learn about a variety of topics relating to horse care and handling, delivered through classroom instruction and reinforced through FUN, hands-on learning activities. Participants will also be given the opportunity to participate in one riding activity during each session.
A typical daily schedule includes:
- 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM : feeding and grooming horses
- 10:00 AM - Noon : horse care
- Noon - 12:30 PM : lunch break
- 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM : special topic educational instruction and fun activity (like painting our horses!)
- 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM : feeding and grooming care
- 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM : end of day wrap-up in the barn