As an Explo Foreign Affairs Fellow, you'll foster understanding across national and international lines, learn about the intricacies and idiosyncrasies of the major issues affecting American foreign policy today, and create policy that offers real-world solutions with a number of political and international thinkers and decision makers.
- Discussions about the history and current structure of the international system
- Introduction to the major issues on the American foreign policy agenda
- Multi-day simulation of a foreign policy crisis
- Field trip to New York City, the United Nations, the Council on Foreign Relations, and other international policy institutions
- Guest appearances by leading scholars and practitioners
You'll come away with a unique understanding of what foreign policy actually involves — and why it matters — as well as an overview of various career options relating to global issues.
For students entering grades 8-10.