The FSU Summer Music Camps is located on the campus of Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. For Summer 2011, we will offer 14 camps:
- Honors Piano - Students will receive private lessons from FSU faculty members and upper level graduate students as well as studying music theory and piano literature.
- Choral Ensemble - This camp provides students with a variety of ensemble experiences and performance opportunities. All students will take part in the large, mixed ensemble as well as women's and men's choir and small ensembles.
- Double Reed, Double Bass, Guitar and Tuba & Euphonium Workshops - Our four day workshops are designed to give students an opportunity to work with FSU faculty in both individual and small group sessions. They consist of solo and ensemble performances, masterclasses and more.
- Senior High Band - This camp is 14 days and provides a great experience for band members. Our band camps are designed for students of all ability levels and focus on performance instruction, comprehensive musicianship, playing techniques, and repertoire development.
- String Orchestra - Our two week String Orchestra Camp provides students with the opportunity to study with some of the nation's top orchestra conductors as well as our exceptional FSU string faculty members. Performance opportunities are an integral part of the camp experience.
- Honors Chamber Winds - This camp provides a premiere educational experience to 16 select musicians. Students will receive one-on-one instruction and will perform in woodwind or brass quintets as well as a large chamber ensemble. The students at this camp will also comprise the wind section of our Symphony Orchestra.
- Marching Band Leadership - Designed for drum majors, section leaders, band captains and other band personnel, this camp focuses on developing strong leadership skills, communication skills and group dynamics. Instruction will include diverse drum amajor styles and will introduce basic as well as advanced conducting techniques, score analysis, block drills and more.
- Jazz Ensemble Camp: Senior High & Jazz Ensemble Camp: Middle School - Jazz musicians will find exciting new levels of instruction from noted FSU Jazz faculty members. Student will study improvisation, jazz history, jazz theory and individual instrument performance techniques.
- Middle School Band - Students will receive instruction from FSU College of Music faculty members and other nationally recognized teachers and conductors. Our band camps are designed for students of all ability levels. Students have opportunities to rehearse and perform in sectionals, small and large ensembles.
- Elementary Music Camp - A unique day camp for elementary school students introducing them to music and muscial concepts.
Please be sure to visit our website or become a Facebook Fan for more information about each camp, discounts and how to register. We hope to see you in Tallahassee this summer.