The Garden School Foundations’ City Seedling summer camp uses our Seed-to-Table philosophies to encourage play, exploration and learning in our 2 acres of beautiful school gardens. During our two week-long sessions in June, campers will be welcomed to our landmark 24th Street school garden for an exciting week of cooking, gardening and science activities, outdoor games and arts & crafts. Campers will leave our day camp with new cooking and gardening skills, new friends, an appreciation for nature and an understanding of where their food comes from.
At City Seedlings, campers will:
- Whip up a delicious menu of garden-inspired culinary creations! Our kid-chefs will assemble & enjoy fun recipes that incorporate fruits and veggies from the garden, including: garden sushi, taco salads, ice cream and rainbow crackers.
- Engage in interactive science activities like compost critters, prune paratrooper and leaf sun-tan.
- Cultivate a life-long connection with nature through engaging in fun garden activities.
- Form friendships during active, outdoor games.
- Create and collaborate with arts and crafts