SAT AND SSAT PROGRAMS:
Designed for industrious students who are serious about improving the SAT scores, and who strive towards excellence in their current and future academic endeavors. Students learn about the structure of the SAT and SSAT, in particular, expectations for the critical reading and essay writing sections, derived from American educational practices. Vocabulary, Grammar, Essay Writing and Critical Reading classes are designed to both address SAT and SSAT-specific areas of knowledge, and include more generalized instruction in areas of difficulty common to many English second-language readers and writers.
The advanced SAT and SSAT courses consist of far more than vocabulary and grammar drills or practice of test-taking strategies. Students engage in advanced critical reading, argumentative academic writing, group problem solving, and public speaking classes. These activities enhance their test-taking skills in the short term, benefit them in their academic work in high school, and equip them with tools they will need for success in college.
INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM:
This program is ideal for international students who are seeking to dramatically improve their English language proficiency. Focusing on key components of American academic coursework, our Intensive English Program offers classes in public speaking, literature, composition, vocabulary, and grammar. Students are guided and encouraged to work independently and in groups, and to participate in classroom discussions. By strengthening conversation, reading and writing skills, students graduate our program more successful and active members of American classrooms.
Summary of our SAT/SSAT Programs
• One full SAT/SSAT practice test each week and daily quizzes
• One college tour each week, including Harvard University, MIT, Brown University
• One excursion each week to Canobie Lake Park, Beach and Natick Mall
• 140 instructional and test hours for 4 weeks of intensive SAT Math and English study
In addition, our accommodations offer:
• Separate boys and girls dormitories are located in individual building wings and monitored by 24 hour security staff.
• Single/Double occupancy rooms equipped with a private bathroom
• Full service kitchen that will provide three nutritious meals each day
• Recreation room with ping-pong, karaoke, and foosball
• Wi-Fi service throughout the building
• Music hall, exercise room, and a library with an extensive collection of books