SAT AND SSAT PROGRAMS:
Designed for industrious students who are serious about improving the SAT scores, and who strive towards excellence in their current and future academic endeavors. Students learn about the structure of the SAT and SSAT, in particular, expectations for the critical reading and essay writing sections, derived from American educational practices. Vocabulary, Grammar, Essay Writing and Critical Reading classes are designed to both address SAT and SSAT-specific areas of knowledge, and include more generalized instruction in areas of difficulty common to many English second-language readers and writers.
The advanced SAT and SSAT courses consist of far more than vocabulary and grammar drills or practice of test-taking strategies. Students engage in advanced critical reading, argumentative academic writing, group problem solving, and public speaking classes. These activities enhance their test-taking skills in the short term, benefit them in their academic work in high school, and equip them with tools they will need for success in college.
Our curriculum is a very unique! Rather than simply lecturing to students, repeating practice drills or teaching “test-taking tricks,” we see the summer program as a unique and immersive learning opportunity for students: a chance to be coached by expert teachers, to engage in discussion-based learning with a diverse group of talented peers, and to develop their skills in writing and speaking in ways that may not be included during the academic year.
Our small class sizes ensure that teachers get to work closely with students, and the flexibility of our TOEFL curriculum allows teachers to tailor classes to students’ needs. Our program helps students develop the necessary skills to do well not only on the TOEFL, but also in their academic careers. Students take a step further in not only learning academic vocabulary but using it in writing and speaking. Students will also practice answering questions orally and providing answers for the oral section of the TOEFL.
INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM:
This program is ideal for international students who are seeking to dramatically improve their English language proficiency. Focusing on key components of American academic coursework, our Intensive English Program offers classes in public speaking, literature, composition, vocabulary, and grammar. Students are guided and encouraged to work independently and in groups, and to participate in classroom discussions. By strengthening conversation, reading and writing skills, students graduate our program more successful and active members of American classrooms.
Summary of our SAT | SSAT | TOEFL Programs:
• One full practice test each week and daily quizzes
• One college tour each week, including Harvard University, MIT, Boston College
• One excursion each week to places such as Canobie Lake Park, Six Flags, the Beach or Natick Mall
• 75 instructional and test hours for each 2 week session along with proctored study halls each night
In addition, our accommodations offer:
• Separate boys and girls dormitories are located in individual building wings and monitored by 24 hour security staff.
• Single/Double occupancy rooms equipped with a half bathroom; shared shower rooms on each floor.
• Full service kitchen that will provide three nutritious meals each day
• Recreation room with ping-pong, karaoke, and foosball
• Wi-Fi service throughout the building
• Music hall, exercise room, and a library with an extensive collection of books
• Free access to the LCA Swim and Tennis club