Imagine The Most Incredible Summer Of Your Life.
Hike, climb, discover, and explore with new friends from across the continent. Return home with endless personal accomplishments, meaningful memories and stories you'll never forget.
NFTY Does Teen Travel Better Than Anyone!
Since 1958, thousands of families have chosen NFTY for more than a promise of a thrilling summer. NFTY programs have transformed nearly 30,000 young people by turning a spark of interest into a summer of exciting challenges, wonderful new friends, and a lifelong involvement with Judaism. More than 350 synagogues, 19 youth regions, numerous Jewish camps, Jewish Federations and communities annually turn to NFTY to provide the ultimate teen travel experience.NFTY is proud of our touring and learning itinerary filled with Reform Jewish values, sights and celebrations. Exciting visits to Reform communities and institutions throughout Israel (Kibbutz Yahel, Kibbutz Lotan, Leo Baeck School, Har Halutz, Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion and more).
NFTY programs have integrated travel and learning curriculum, created by Reform rabbis and educators, designed specifically for young people from Reform synagogues, NFTY supports a full time staff of youth program and travel logistics professionals in Israel and in North America. NFTY programs are dedicated to creative Jewish identity building and Reform Jewish self esteem, making a meaningful connection between the NFTY experience in Israel and Reform Jewish-synagogue life at home.
NFTY's Education Goals and Objectives:
- Reinforce positive Jewish identity, to develop a sense of pride in oneself as a person, as a Jew and as a member of the Jewish people.
- Provide broadening experiences, which embrace the continuous growth of participants into mature, responsible adults.
- Develop an awareness of the history of Israel, its people, its land and culture, through visits to historical sites - ancient and modern.
- Begin to understand the issues and challenges that face the modern Jewish state through seminars, meetings with individuals who are involved in these issues and challenges, and through visits to the relevant sites and institutions.
- Provide an opportunity to meet young Israelis in a sharing environment in order to acquaint North American and Israeli youth - with each other’s world views and concerns as members of the same people.
- Experience the physical connection between the Jewish people and its land and to appropriate Israel’s natural beauty through “walking the land.”
- Develop a traveling Jewish community reflecting Reform Jewish values through communal living, shared experiences and mutual respect.
- Reaffirm the participant’s belonging to, and belief in, a Reform Jewish world view and deepen and expand it through new educational experiences, formal and informal, which are uniquely available in Israel.
- Expose individuals to the Hebrew language as the national language, through the introduction of Hebrew phrases and words related to the Israel experience.Expose individuals to the Hebrew language as the national language, through the introduction of Hebrew phrases and words related to the Israel experience.
Israel is an inspiring environment for spiritual growth. NFTY programs encourage participants to ask questions, to experiment with prayer and explore feelings about God. As part of the daily life of the program, the group participates in blessings before and after every meal. Each evening, the staff and teens participate in ma’amad a moment of reflection on the spiritual implications of the day. This might include original prayers, readings, songs and includes themes of Jewish history, nature appreciation; or relationships developing within the group. The celebration of Shabbat in Jerusalem, the Golan, the Galilee, Tel Aviv, or in the desert enhances the summer experience and opens participants to a wide range of Jewish expressions of prayer and spirituality.