Campers will be broken down into groups based on skill level and experience and will be provided with positional instruction as well as team competition. There will be a heavy emphasis placed on evaluating each player’s strengths and weaknesses and putting them into a competitive environment to hone their skills.
There will also be an informational session for campers on the college selection process, recruiting, the importance of academics and keys to taking your game to the next level.
Our goal is to make each and every player indispensable to their coaches and teammates.
Players will receive individualized instruction in the following areas:
- moving without the basketball
- setting screens
- individual defense (zone and man-to-man)
- team defensive concepts
In order to help each camper improve their game, we will incorporate the several teaching techniques used on the college level, including film breakdown. There will also be a detailed description of the necessary conditioning and strength training steps for players to take their game to the next level.
* Each camper will receive excellent instruction from a hand-picked collection of coaches and counselors experienced in providing a first-rate camp experience.
* The campers will spend their nights in the Vermont dormitories, among the finest in New England, and enjoy three buffet-style, all-you-can eat meals each day in the UVM dining halls, annually rated among the best in the country.
* A fully-licensed athletic trainer will be available 24 hours/day to administer all the medical needs and requirements in our camp environment.
* The camp store will feature healthy snacks and beverage options both at the gym and in the dorms.