Your student will have hands-on experience, working with assistance dogs in training in this unique Summer Workshop.
We’ll cover topics such as:
· Learn how dogs – and people - learn, process new information, develop and refine new skills
· Learn about the sociology of dogs and people, including pack behavior and synchronization concepts
· Hands on training of the dogs
· Teach your dog to read – yes, READ!
· Take responsibility for another living being
· Learn what makes a good assistance dog
· Experience the unconditional love of a Golden Retriever or Labrador Retriever
· Learn dog training methodology
· Learn about the psychology of dogs and people
· Gain disability awareness, which includes the use of a wheelchair as understanding for and the perspective of individuals with disabilities
· Teaching methodologies that are relevant to managing people
· Learn the basics of kennel management
· Have a great time! Meet new people and make new friends!
Each session is 2 weeks, beginning May 31, 2010 and ending August 5, 2010. Sessions are Monday through Thursday from 9 am until 2 pm.
Enroll your student today for the experience of a lifetime!
Our mission is to provide skilled assistance dogs for people with disabilities, provide ongoing education and support to working assistance dog teams and to be a resource in the community for people with disabilities.