CHOOSE YOUR POSITION...
This year our Lake TahPro camp will feature a Sniper/Shooter camp, a Defense w/Jeff camp and a Pro Ambitions Goalie Camp!
PA Goalie camp...
Shooting is very rarely worked on and players are never taught all the necessary tricks to “Own Goaltenders”
THE SNIPER CAMP-NOT MANY CAMPS FOCUS ON SHOOTING, WELL HERE YOU GO BEING TAUGHT FROM PRO AMBITIONS TOP STAFF MEMBERS.
Since its inception in 2007 we have sold out each summer and have had great reviews and lots of improvement in the shooting department. Campers can’t believe all the little tricks associated with shooting. Goalies Beware!!!
- Quick release-getting the shot off before the goalie gets set.
- Deceiving the goalie- Showing top glove with the angle of your blade and then rolling the wrists to shoot low blocker. Closing the blade appearing to shoot low before opening it up to go top shelf. The goalie must respect the angle of the blade, which gives the shooter the advantage.
- Shooting off the wing
- Shooting for rebounds- where to shoot when on a bad angle or from the wing to create a rebound for a player driving to the net.
- Shooting off your front foot- providing a quicker release when in the slot or in traffic
- Shooting in stride- shooting while going full speed
- Point shots- how to get shots through and avoid getting your shot blocked.
- Backhand shots
- Scoring in tight- players must get the puck up quick as the goalie slides from one post to the other
- One Timers- How and when to take them
- Receiving a pass and having the puck in a position to shoot immediately. Al Macinnis was the best.
- Fake shot/pass
- Shooting off balance and off of both feet
- Learning how to get open and come in and out of scoring areas
- Roofing the puck
- Want the puck, demand the puck!
The kids will do shooting circuits for 3 hours per day and 1 hour of intense skill work (stickhandling, passing, skating)
Daily Excursions in beautiful Lake Tahoe:
The accommodations are at The beautiful luxurious Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort which is on the beach with an outdoor pool and within a short walk to the rink and recreation complex of South Lake Tahoe.
There will be one escorted hiking expedition to enjoy and experience the beauty of Lake Tahoe. The gondola ride to the top of the mountain was another big thrill for the kids. Heavenly's high-altitude Adventure Peak is located at the top of the Gondola at Heavenly.
The first part of the adventure is simply getting there! The 2.4-mile ride up the mountainside in the Gondola is one trip you'll never forget. The eight-passenger cabins take guests 2.4 miles up the mountain in 12 minutes while they enjoy views of Lake Tahoe.
Just when it seems the ride can't get any better, guests arrive at The Deck - a 14,000 square foot mid-station observation platform. Located at 9,123 feet, guests are treated to views of the Carson Valley, Desolation Wilderness and shore-to-shore views of Lake Tahoe.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK
- 50-55 hours of professional training per week including 20 hours of professional on ice training (4- hours daily) and 30 hours of off ice training.
- Shooting/Stickhandling Center and shooting stations.
- 5:1 ratio of players to professional staff (lowest in the industry!) players are completely supervised the entire day.
- Radar gun analysis/shot speed
- Daily Dryland/Off Ice Conditioning regimen overseen by our PA staff who in a week, believe it or not, can elevate their mental and physical conditioning including flexibility, endurance and quickness to a higher level. Daily dryland training includes core work, conditioning, power and explosive training, flexibility, balance/agility, and quick feet/ladder work
- Players are properly grouped by age and skill level and then moved according to their abilities. Player placement by a Pro Ambitions Staff is a key ingredient to each players success.
- Daily video, chalk talk, mental conditioning, and team building sessions with Scott Young and PA staff.
- Confidence/Focus building games: Hand Shake Competition (look in the eye and give good hand shake) RPS tourney (rock, paper, scissors), Simon Says and The Chain.
- Each Camp is accompanied by our Professional goalie program overseen by Director Mike Buckley and his staff
- Skills competition
- 18 page PA evaluation and information packet. Very informative and educational. Includes In depth player analysis, training tips from Jeff, nutritional guidelines, try-out advice, off ice training, mental training, game preparation, defensive and offensive advice, game specific tips and much more!!!
- NEW Updated and improved curriculum
- All head instructors are cpr and first aid trained and certified.
- An extensive background check is performed for all staff members.
- All staff members are professionally trained in Jeff’s methodology.
- Free Warrior Kick Ice camp jersey
- Discounted official Pro Ambitions dryland training apparel packet. Includes Pro Ambitions Hat, T-shirt, and shorts. You will see this offered to purchase on the registration page when signing up for a camp.
Endorsed by many NHL players and/or attended by their children just to name a few: Brian Leetch, Jeremy Roenick, Martin Brodeur , John Leclair , John Madden, Joe Sacco, Scott Young, Ted Donato, Tom Fitzgerald, Mick Vukota, Glen Featherstone, Guy Larose, Bob Halkidis, Gord Kluzak, Jerry York (BC Coach) etc…
Check out our Testimonial page on website to see what people are saying about Pro Ambitions. www.proambitions.com/testimonials.htm