In addition to the locations above, Public Speaking Institute is available on the campuses of Yale, UCLA, and CalTech.
Education Unlimited is the national leader in providing noncompetitive public speaking summer programs for kids and teens. Education Unlimited was founded in 1993 by a group of speech and debate coaches who developed our innovative curriculum. Today, our curriculum directors and on-site faculty and staff include coaches at some of the nation’s premiere high schools and universities and former speech, debate, and mock trial competitors who reached national levels of success.
5 Reasons to Focus on Public Speaking This Summer!
- Public speaking is a necessary and indispensable life skill, and most people are called upon to speak in public at some point in their lives.
- Public speaking improves research and organization abilities crucial skills for high school and college success.
- Employers rank public speaking as one of the top skills they look for in employees. Students can get a head start on their dream careers by developing skills that will translate in the workforce.
- Speech and debate activities involve “active construction of knowledge.” Students have the opportunity to synthesize, analyze, and utilize new information, rather than merely memorizing facts. According to Communication Education, debate can increase critical thinking skills by 44% in one year and high school reading skills by as much as 25% in one year.
- Speech helps develop social skills, such as confidence, eye contact, poise, and articulation.