For Summer 2020 Quest Therapeutic Camps of Southern California is providing an online virtual summer day camp for 3 to 8 week sessions for children 6 to 18. Quest is an innovative, evidence-based program that combines recreational activities, behavioral milieu and group psychotherapy.
Quest Camps provide:
1) A safe, supportive environment that has been proven effective;
2) Individualized behavior plans;
3) Group therapy five times per week (CPT code 90853);
4) Individual therapy one time per week for 20 minutes outside of the 9 to 1 group time (CPT code 90832)
5) Small camper to staff ratios;
6) Parent meetings with home therapeutic goal development and suggestions for how to support online learning and engagement;
7) Multi-family groups designed to be hands-on, fun filled opportunities for whole families to learn about each other and strengthen family bonds through play and activity
8) Consistent positive interventions developed in our Quest Therapeutic Model;
9) Engaging fun activities for campers such as video games, Legos, arts and crafts, drama, mindfulness, movement based activities, etc.:
10) Theme weeks to excite while provide unique opportunities for growth. This year’s themes are Dungeon and Dragons, Happiest Place Week, Olympic Week, Drama Week, Video Game Fun and Social Media, Movie Magic Week, Character Week and STEAM Week.
Some teen campers are eligible for the Leadership Academy. This program has low camper to staff ratio and is an accelerated leader program for campers who are considered to be ready for a higher level of program since they are ready to help other campers and model appropriate behaviors consistently. The Leadership Academy also engages in special projects related to leadership such as related to student leadership and community support. These campers can earn Quest Leadership Academy shirts every day and learn aspects of leadership.
+*Each week of camp we offer specific themes to infuse the camp experience with fun additional opportunities for growth. This year's themes are:
Week 1: Dungeon and Dragon’s Week This week offers our campers to utilize creativity, communication, problem solving and start building friendships.
Week 2: Happiest Place Week With inspiration from the local park and channel we have developed a fun-filled week packed with opportunities for campers to develop emotion regulation skills and engage in activities such as finding their inner super heroes.
Week 3: Olympic Week This week allows our staff to challenge campers and celebrate their successes in many areas including athletics, social skills, and reaching individualized goals.
Week 4: Drama Week
This week allows our campers to collaborate with others to act, take social risks, and learn social cues while enjoying the arts.
Week 5: Video Game/Social Media Week Video Game Making Week offers a chance for our campers to explore video games important life lessons that can be drawn from these games, while focused on building social skills.
Week 6: Movie Magic Week This week will focus on all the fun and learning movies can bring.
Week 7: Character Week Character week will focus on favorite characters, but also developing our camper’s own core strengths.
Week 8: STEAM Week
This week allows our campers to collaborate with others in projects that can include science, technology, engineering, art and math.