We know the value of a smile at the end of the day. It’s a small reminder of why we teach kids climbing. It’s because learning to climb is fun, and because it encourages learning general life skills that can be applied every day. Our climbing camp doesn’t set out to make kids all-star rock climbers but rather, through climbing, helps kids find ways to...
- Solve problems
- Make good decisions
- Act as team players
- Learn respect for others
- Enjoy physical recreation and the outdoors, and
- Do something healthy for their growing bodies.
Rise Up’s five-day camp introduces children to rock climbing, both indoors and out. The camp takes place at our indoor facility where we spend four of the five camp days. The gym allows us to control the climate and the climbing thereby enhancing the learning atmosphere and ensuring that each child receives all the attention, guidance, and instruction they need.
On the fifth day the camp moves outdoors. The outdoor class is a day of fun and adventure as our instructors guide the kids on and around real rock. In addition to learning to climb on a real rock surface campers are taught a bit of geology and preservation of outdoor resources for future generations.
A brief look at the week’s exciting activities for campers:
- Identify each child’s needs and goals
- Participate in group team-building games to encourage trust
- Instruction in the basic skills of top roping
- How to contact, the climbing surface
- Learn movement skills used for climbing
- Gain basic knowledge of geology
- Have fun climbing!
- Climbing Wall Association