Welcome to Sage Outdoor Learning, an innovative combination of outdoor recreation and higher education. Sage Outdoors is held at Harriman State Park, beautifully located between Yellowstone and the Grand Teton peaks. Our outdoor program uses experiential education to give our students one of the finest learning opportunities available. Not only do students earn college credit through our courses, but they have the time of their life as they hike, backpack, experience the thrill of river rafting, ropes courses, and many other adventure activities. The credits are transferable to universities and colleges across the country and are designed to fulfill general education requirements. Students also learn basic outdoor skills from camp setup and cooking, to wilderness safety.
Why a Sage Outdoor Learning summer is for You?
- Earn college credit while having the time of your life.
- Enjoy all the outdoor recreation of a great summer adventure camp, but earn college credit while doing it.
- Outdoor adventure in the greater Yellowstone and Grand Teton regions
- Participate in FranklinCovey’s internationally recognized youth leadership program
- It’s one of your last summers as a young adult - Let us help you make the most of it. Sage Outdoor Learning
- Many young adults have great potential, but need direction. Sage Outdoors is dedicated to turning this potential into personal and academic success.
- As a part of Franklin Covey’s “7 Habits” workshops, students study responsibility, priorities, listening, team-work, goal achievement, organization, time-management, etc.
- Sage Outdoors is a drug, alcohol, and tobacco free environment.
- They are going to have a blast!
Quick Facts about our Program
- Students earn up to six college credits through Utah State Universities’ concurrent enrollment department. The credits are transferable to universities and colleges across the country and are designed to fulfill general education requirements.
- Students choose from the following class options field biology, physical geography, and American Civilizations.
- Class size is limited to 15 students.
· Teachers meet individually with each student once a week to assess his/her progress and set goals with the student.
Our Recreation and Education Activites include:
- 5 day/4 night guided wilderness backpacking trip
- One week at Harriman Ranch, Harriman State Park of Idaho
- Yellowstone/Jackson Hole weekend trip
- Evening trips to West Yellowstone/Jackson Hole, WY
- Field trips associated with their selected courses
- Recreation activities scheduled by Sage Outdoors including, hiking, river rafting, canoe trips, ropes course and outdoor initiative activities, optional biking, etc.
- College Credit through Utah State University