Shepherd's Spring Summer Camps
Our Outdoor Ministry program sponsors several summer camping opportunities for young and old alike. The programs, as well as our facilities, are designed to promote a stronger relationship with God, others, and the whole of creation. The programs are also designed to help the youth enhance their self-esteem, confidence, and individuality.
The campers work in small group "family units." These groups experience the week's activities as they live together in Christian community. From these experiences, friendships are often formed that last a lifetime.
Old and new, friends ensure a week of fun and fellowship. A variety of camping experiences are offered which include activities such as: hiking, biking, backpacking, canoeing, fishing, swimming, outdoor living skills, and environmental learning. Daily Discoveries are firmly rooted in Scripture and offer a fun, thoughtful way to explore our relationship with God and with one another.
There is something for everyone. Come for a week of fun, friendship, and growth!
- On-Site Camps
For many of our on-site camps, "camping" occurs in cabins which sleep 10 campers and counselors. Dining and some camp activities are in the main lodge. The pool hosts our canoe instruction, swimming, and other water-related activities. The nearby Potomac River, Antietam and Conococheague Creeks provide opportunities for canoeing adventures for those campers who have completed the necessary training.
- Day Camps are being offered the week of July 4th.
- Big and Small Camp (For first-time campers who have completed grades K-2 and are accompanied by an adult over 18 years old)
- Mini Camp (For first-time and younger campers who have completed grades 2 or 3)
- Grand Camp (For grandchildren ages 6-10 with grandparents of any age)
- Junior 3/5 Camp (For children who have completed grades 3-5)
- Junior Wild Camp (For children who have completed grades 4 or 5)
- Junior High Camps:
- Middler 6/7 Camp - For youth who have completed grades 6 or 7)
- Middler 7/8 Camp - For youth who have completed grades 7 or 8)
- Middler Madness Camp - For youth who have completed grades 6-8)
- Youth Camps:
Our Program Calendar provides a complete listing of our upcoming programs and camps.