Our robocamp programs focus on hands-on challenging and creative Fun with robotics technology. Each module has its own theme in order to encourage children's imagination developed to meet a certain goal.
Storming Robots offer not only robotics workshops over the summer ( 2008 summer schedule), but also during school breaks during the school year. (click here to view the 2008 school year schedule)
The key is to ensure all children not only have fun time active learning, but also leave our program with a sense of accomplishment that they will be proud of.
Other special features:
* Learn the signifiance in simple mechanical concepts in building
* Learn to program to automate their robots with a true computer programming language.
* Build robots from scratch.
* Involve hands-on experiments with exploring, designing,and programming for full automation. All programming is written on a PC and "transferred" to the MINDSTORMS robot. We the easy-to-use LEGO Mindstorms robotics component, but use a highly versatile programming software to accommodate various skill levels.
* Instructors: either B.S. or M.S. Degree.
Our instructors possess minimum college level with stellar academic background. Some even possess Master Degree in Science. All adult staffs have passed criminal background check. There will always be staff onsite who has been CPR-certified.
* Assistants: Stellar Academic Record.
All assistants are individuals who not only have stellar academic records, but also have experience in various robotics competitions. p>Our staff have passion in robotics. This is not merely their summer job, but their opportunity to inspire more children in pursuing science, engineering, and cool robotics in the future. Please read about some of our staff.
* Group size is limited to maximum of 10 to 12, with one instructor, and one junior technical assistant. Part of the tremendous value of Robotics for young students is teamwork. It is an un-effective method to have one person to work on his/her own. Participants will work in a team of two. There will be most 2 students sharing one computer. A lot of brainstorming, strategizing together, and sharing ideas.
Available in three age groups:
1. Grade 2 and 3
2. Grade 4 to 6
3. Grade 7+
View 2008 summer robotics workshops schedule
View 2008 school break robotics workshop schedule