Daily Program includes:
- 30 minutes of physical exercise (running and stretching)
- 30 minutes of horse care (grooming, hoof cleaning, mane & tail care)
- 1 hour of horse handling, leading, lunging, driving, showing in-hand
- Two fifteen-minute rest periods.
- 1 hour of riding instruction including exercises on horseback.
- 1 hour trail-ride and/or games on horseback.
- 30 minute lunch break (Students bring a packed lunch)
- 1 hour of stable management, nutrition and tack care
- 30 minutes of games, art and other competitions
- Riding Demonstrations and Exhibitions (Driving, Sidesaddle, Dressage etc)
Each student will be assigned a horse for the week to care for and a stall to clean. Prizes will be given for various aspects of horse care and individual levels of achievement. Emphasis will be on growth and improvement rather than a comparison of skills and abilities. Two adult instructors and trained emergency medical worker on site.
Each camp $375.00 8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
After Care available. Snacks and beverages available all day.
Registration fee of $100 will be applied to the balance.