Participants will get significant hands-on experience working in small teams (3-5) to construct a robot, and will compete against the other teams in a camp-wide tournament on the last day. Participants will learn brainstorming, collaboration and engineering design skills.
In addition, the camp will include:
- Overview of the 2013-2014 Vex competition game
- Warm-up activities to meet other students interested in robotics
- Discussion of alternative robot design and game strategy
- Practice driving one of the existing high school robots
- Overview of robotics programming using ROBOTC
- Speakers in the field of robotics