Techie Camp curriculum is designed to immerse rising 3rd – 5th and 6th – 8th grade students into a singular topic. Campers engage in age-appropriate, hands-on, interactive activities designed to educate, expose and excite them about technology! Techie Camp instructors give students the knowledge, tools and confidence to become active designers and creators of technology. Our objective in developing Techie Camp is to put students in the role of creating and designing with technology--not just using and consuming it. As a result of the TECHie Camp experience students will:
- Increase their understanding and knowledge of how to use technology to expand their own learning;
- Elevate their confidence with STEM-related concepts and skills in a safe and supportive environment;
- Develop valuable 21st century skills such as teamwork, problem-solving and critical thinking;
- Develop positive attitudes and perceptions about the relevance of technology to their educational and professional success;
- Increase their awareness of STEM-related educational and career pathways;
- And, interact with positive role models employed in technology and STEM related occupations.
Techie Camp is offered via partnerships with colleges/universities, K-12 schools and nonprofit organizations in the following states: Delaware, District of Columbia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.