Join the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at Indiana University for an incredible week of tennis! Located on the picturesque IU campus, this summers tennis camp in Bloomington will immerse campers with the ultimate tennis camp experience. New this year, Head Men’s Coach Jeremy Wurtzman and his staff, will offer one week of our popular Traditional camp and one week of an Elite Training camp.
Now in our third year, the Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at Indiana University is the perfect preparation for young players who are looking to get more involved with playing competitive tennis. Each camper receives personal attention, advanced teaching techniques, intensive drill work and game/match play, all in a fun and competitive environment.
During our traditional camp we break the campers into small instructional groups of similar age and ability so each child is working in a group that is commensurate with their experience level. We tailor each program to the level of the players. Beginners would get a heavier dose of swing technique and fundamentals, while more advanced players would have more focus on strategy, point building and percentage tennis etc.
Our Elite Training Camp is specifically designed for players with a high level of experience and training. This camp is open to all skills levels but offers a more intensive training curriculum with advanced concepts including instruction on match play tactics and strategies for both singles and doubles as well as speed training and high-intensity drill work.
Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camps are the premier camps for young players who strive to learn the game, improve their skills and/or participate in middle school, high school, USTA team tennis or tournaments.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- Comprehensive instructional program with daily teaching progressions
- 5.5-6 hours of tennis per day
- Elite Training Camp in 2017
- Camp demo program featuring all of the latest Wilson rackets
- Small instructional groups to ensure individual attention
- Safety prioritized on and off the court
- Great Wilson Raffle and prizes for all campers
- Camp T-shirt for all campers
- Our Traditional camp offers Overnight, Commuter and Full Day options. Commuter campers enjoy all the benefits of the overnight campers, but do not have a room at night. Pick up for commuters can be immediately following tennis around 8pm nightly or after social activities at 10:15pm. Full Day campers receive morning and afternoon practices and may be picked up daily at 4pm.
- Our Elite training camp offers Overnight and Commuter options. Full day campers receive the same benefits as Overnight campers, only they do not have a room at night. Pick up time for Commuters campers will be at 8pm Friday & Saturday and at 1pm Sunday.