The Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camp at the University of Iowa is back for another action packed summer in Iowa City. Directed by University of Iowa Head Men’s Tennis Coach Ross Wilson, this camp focuses on instruction of all fundamental strokes as well as training in strategy and match play.
Each camper receives personal attention, advanced teaching techniques, intensive drill work and game / match play, all in a fun and competitive environment.
We break the campers into small instructional groups of similar age and ability so each child is working in a group that is commensurate with their experience level. We tailor each program to the level of the players. Beginners would get a heavier dose of swing technique and fundamentals, while more advanced players would have more focus on strategy, point building and percentage tennis etc.
Wilson Collegiate Tennis Camps are the premier camps for young players who strive to learn the game, improve their skills and/or participate in middle school, high school, USTA team tennis or tournaments.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- 5.5-6 hours of tennis daily
- Comprehensive instructional program with daily teaching progressions
- Small instructional groups to ensure individual attention
- Safety prioritized on and off the court
- Camp demo program featuring all the latest Wilson rackets
- Great Wilson Raffle and prizes for all campers
- Camp T-shirt for all campers