What: Basketball development program focused on a ‘Systematic Learning Approach’ using 4 concepts:
1. Deliberate Practice
3. Playing Fast
4. Strong-Link Strategy
When: Thursdays – Aug 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st 6:00pm – 6:50pm
(50 intense minutes each week for 4 weeks)
Where: St. Joseph United Methodist Church - (6004 Reed Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46835)
Determination to Become Better
Good Work Ethic
Passionate (extremely interested) w/Basketball
Who: Boys & Girls from Ages of 7-10 (Only 6 Spots Available, First Come, First Serve)
· To provide a highly-structured activity with the specific goal of improving performance.
· Deliver an alternative to current options
o Too many kids in each practice…too many non-interested kids involved
o Too much down time, or kids waiting for their turn
o Kids only getting a couple turns in each drill
· Improving Performance
· Grow Confidence
· Gain Strong Mind / Mentally Tough
· Increase Basketball IQ
· Instill Work Ethic & Discipline
· Buildup Athleticism & Skill
ü Simple practice isn’t enough to rapidly gain skills.
ü Mere repetition of an activity won’t lead to improved performance.
ü Your practice must be: intentional, aimed at improving performance, designed for your current skill level, combined with immediate feedback and repetitious.
ü Scientific research shows that the quality of your practice is just as important as the quantity.
1. Deliberate Practice:
· Work on specific tasks (one at a time)
· Break down into single pieces to master
· Practice out of your comfort zone
· Repeatedly perform the same or similar tasks to master each move
· Real-time (immediate) informative feedback
3. Playing Fast:
· Practice at game speed
· High intensity
· Going through the motions doesn’t help
4. Strong Link Strategy:
· Focus on a small number of very talented/motivated/passionate individuals [6 attendees per session] (UPGRADE)