Creative Writing Workshops for Kids and Teens
Writopia Lab is an award-winning non-profit organization that offers week-long creative writing workshops throughout the summer for kids ages 8-18.
SUMMER ONLY: Week-long summer workshops meet daily, Monday - Friday, for 3 hours a day. We will also offer full-day summer camps for two weeks in July. Each workshop enrolls a maximum of six participants and is led by a published writer and experienced teacher. The workshops, organized by age group, are peppered with original and fun writing exercises, but our primary goal is to help writers pursue their own writing interests and to *complete* excellent pieces.
YEAR-ROUND: Writopia Lab () is an award-winning non-profit organization that holds creative writing workshops for kids ages 8-18. We offer weekly after-school and weekend workshops throughout the school year, and week-long workshops during school breaks and throughout the summer.
We have three convenient locations: NW Washington (Tenleytown), Capitol Hill in SE DC Falls Church, VA, and Rockville, MD.
Visit our website to see our schedule as well as our history, mission, and reviews.
HOW WE WORK:
* Each workshop enrolls a maximum of 6 participants and is led by a published, award-winning writer and experienced teacher.
* The workshops, organized by age group, are peppered with original and fun writing exercises, but our primary goal is to help students pursue their own writing interests and to *complete* excellent pieces.
* Each participant leaves the workshop with at least one polished piece of original writing.
* We publish completed pieces in on online magazine, and contributors are invited to read their work at a local bookstore.
* We also encourage students to submit to contests and publications, and our writers have had great success: For the past three years, Writopia writers have won more Scholastic Writing Awards than any other group of kids in the country!
Contact RegisterDC@WritopiaLab.org or 202-629-9510 for more information.