The mission of the YS Kids Playhouse is to cultivate the development of future actors, leaders, patrons and audiences and enhance art awareness in our community through arts education programming and the creation of original multi-media theater for youth.
To accomplish this mission, we
- Provide quality theatre training for local youth since no formal academic theatre education is available in our community.
- Fill a niche in the Miami Valley theatre spectrum, focusing exclusively on original works that also produce higher-level thinking and learning skills.
- Require works be threaded with contemporary social, cultural, historical, or geopolitical issues and modern media technologies keeping our experience relevant for youth and our community.
- Use artists from multi-disciplinary fields (visual arts, sculptors, video artists, music performers, and dance) providing a variety of arts role models and enriching the quality of the production experience.
- A fee is charged for participation which serves to offset training and other program expenses. Partial and full scholarships are available, enabling all youth to participate, including those with disabilities.
- Produce sophisticated entertainment for all ages that does not condescend to youth, providing quality arts experiences for our community.