Communications Coordinator / Moderator

Mar 6, 2006, 9:23 AM

Post #1 of 1 (21171 views)

Camp Scholar on the Rise Can't Post

1. Dr. Christopher Thurber
  2. Dr. Randall Grayson
  3. Joanne Kates
  4. Dr. Stephen Fine
From one to four and more. Camp Scholar - MySummerCamps.com’s forum of camp experts and enthusiasts is growing in leaps and bounds.

As the editor of Camp Scholar, I’ve seen our special site grow from its original contributor, Dr. Christopher Thurber, to a summer camp contingent of erudite writers and commentators, with room to grow.

In the beginning, Camp Scholar was a unique collaboration between MySummerCamps.com and Dr. Christopher Thurber, psychologist and award-winning author, known for his expertise in camping and youth development.

In late 2005, Camp Scholar added Randall Grayson, Ph.D. Randy’s sensitive articles on interpersonal communications and counseling skills strike me as carefully considered and thoughtfully written.

With the dawn of the New Year, I received an e-mail from Joanne Kates, Director of Camp Arowhon in Algonquin Park, Canada, expressing her interest in writing for Camp Scholar.

I was floored, because I knew that Joanne is not only Arowhon’s director, but also the fabled restaurant critic for Canada’s national newspaper, The Globe and Mail, and a culinary writer for many Canadian magazines that have entertained me for countless hours over steamy coffees and jazz music.

Recently, Stephen Fine, Chair of the Ontario Camping Association’s Educational Research Task Force came aboard and contributed a witty article on the pitfalls of summer camp research.

Now that you’ve had an opportunity to read Dr. Christopher Thurber’s elegant paean — Spirituality and Camp — feel free to explore all of Summer Camp Scholar.

And the really great thing is that you can get Camp Scholar® content for your website – for FREE!

You’ll come back wanting MORE!

Stephen Winbaum is the Communications Coordinator of MySummerCamps.com

---

(This post was edited by stephenwinbaum on Jan 14, 2007, 6:56 PM)

• MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
  • |
  • 909 Sepulveda Blvd. - El Segundo, 90245
  • |
  • Fax: 310-280-4921
  • |
  • Toll-Free: 877-777-7738
© 2003-. MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: