May 13, 2011, 4:34 PM
Post #4 of 6
When looking for a musical theater camp, consider Harand Camp of the Theatre Arts - now entering its 57th Season! Harand is not as intensive as Stagedoor or Interlochen...but we were one of the nation's FIRST camps to combine singing, dancing and acting with traditional camp activities. Plus, we adhere to a NON-COMPETITIVE philosophy where "No Man is an Island" and EVERY CAMPER has a chance to be a star.
Our performing arts program, combined with camp living, helps our campers build self-esteem and become more well-rounded adults. Our alums go on to careers not only in the arts and theatre, but also education, politics, law, business, etc. Some of our most prominent alums such as Lois Weisberg (former Chicago Commissioner of Cultural Affairs) and Jeremy Piven have been very vocal regarding their support of our program and philosophy.
Here is a quick snapshot of our program...
About Harand Camp:
- Singing, Dancing, Acting
- Sports & Activities
- All the FUN of Camp Life
- Co-ed, Ages 8-18
- Overnight Camp in Kenosha, WI
- Modern Facilities (including 400 seat theatre, olympic-size swimming pool, dance studio, dorms overlooking Lake Michigan, Dining Hall with food by Sodexo, etc.)
- 1, 3, or 6 Weeks
- First Session: All-Camp Musical Revue
- Second Session: Full-Length Shows
- Non-Competitive Philosophy
- Fun Electives (sports, games, fine arts, extra theatre...)
- Recreational Activities (skating, bowling, go karting, and more!)
Please visit us online at www.harandcamp.com for more information including dates, prices, videos, pics, articles etc. You can also contact us at 847-864-1500 or at [email protected]