Camp Forum: For Job Seekers: Ask Camp Director:
Looking for a camp position over summer 2010

rmclean
New User

Feb 11, 2010, 6:01 AM

Post #1 of 2 (110764 views)

Looking for a camp position over summer 2010 Quote | Reply

Hi there,

I am 22 years old and am in my 4th year of a medical degree at Glasgow University (UK). I am really interested in coming across to gain some more experience working with kids. I play rugby at a high standard and coach youngsters at the club. I have a keen interest in pediatrics and also in health education with children (I did a highly regarded project in a high school last year). I have always wanted to take part in summer camps in the USA/Canada, and have finally found the summer to do it. I would be available from the 30th June to the 30th August (approximately) for the whole time ideally.

I am intending on coming over with a friend and if you could accomodate us both that would be great! We both have experience coaching rugby with youngsters, and are interested in being general counsellors (or along that line).

Cheers,
Ross

rachelplu
New User

Feb 28, 2010, 6:07 PM

Post #2 of 2 (110200 views)

Re: [rmclean] Looking for a camp position over summer 2010 [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Hi

I am 25yrs old, from Dublin Ireland, I have alot of experience working with chikdren in diffrent fields. I also will be a qualified Health Care Assistant come the summer and am awaiting confirmation for my place in my child psychology course for september.

I am wondering does anyone know is it possible to work in a summer camp in America and have your child in the camp, I have a 6yr old and want to give him the holiday of a life time while I can work at something I love.
I love outdoors especially water,being with kids and having fun. I also horse ride so does my son, were getting there but were no pro's yet ha.

I am just hoping someone can help me and give me some pointers as in if I am hoping for the imposible.

Thank you all very much in advance.
Rachel

• MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
  • |
  • 909 Sepulveda Blvd. - El Segundo, 90245
  • |
  • Fax: 310-280-4921
  • |
  • Toll-Free: 877-777-7738
© 2003-. MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: