Camps Forum

Camp Forum: For Campers/Parents: Parent Corner:
China camp

meehansong
New User

Nov 9, 2010, 12:59 PM

Post #1 of 3 (136569 views)

China camp Quote | Reply

Kids will have a great time anywhere there are other kids to befriend. Once you know the type of camp you want, i.e. art, music, academic, etc., you must consider the safety and security of the facilities, and cleanliness (you donít want your child to get sick!). This is where you have to know the facts of my daughterís experience with Sino Language Gateway in China. We know the sanitary standards of other countries may not be comparable to home, and donít expect a lot from school dormitories. Having said that, my daughterís room was run with roaches. She and her roommate bought traps to lay all around the room, but then there were dead roaches lying around. Both girls and most of the other campers got sick from the meals, but luckily brought medicine from home and enough money to purchase their own food from street vendors and local eateries. At night, the doors were chained and locked Ė from the outside! The children were locked inside, with no way out if there was a fire or emergency, unless someone (who?) unchained the doors. I only learned of this after a girlfriend who lives an hour away tried to stop in to visit the girls one night.
When picking your childís camp, you really have to be so careful. I thought I did the research finding a good camp, but the unexpected shocked me that such a camp is allowed to exist. Iím just thankful nothing tragic happened.

(This post was edited by meehansong on Nov 9, 2010, 1:06 PM)

nathandavis
New User

Dec 30, 2010, 11:36 PM

Post #2 of 3 (135443 views)

Re: [meehansong] China camp [In reply to] Quote | Reply

HI

I came across this posting and was really surprised to what you just said. The reason is I sent my son to China with Sino Language 3 times and was really satisfied with their service. I don't think I would send my son so many times if they locked him in the middle of the nights. That just sounds so crazy.

I don't know whats your deal with the company, but I do think they did a good job. We all know that China is not as developed as US (don't forget we are still under the bed bugs attack in NY). The Sino Language staff tried their best to make the trip as smooth as they can. I give them 2 thumbs up.

meehansong
New User

Jan 12, 2011, 11:04 AM

Post #3 of 3 (135204 views)

Re: [nathandavis] China camp [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I'm glad to hear your son had a good experience and nothing happened. All I know is what my child experienced and thought it's important to share. The situation sounds incredible, but we are avid campers and have a lot of experience in China. I am looking for another camp for this summer, and I sure won't dare to sign up with Sino again. Happy camping.

• MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
  • |
  • 909 Sepulveda Blvd. - El Segundo, 90245
  • |
  • Fax: 310-280-4921
  • |
  • Toll-Free: 877-777-7738
© 2003-. MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: