Camps Forum

Camp Forum: For Campers/Parents: Parent Corner:
Looking for academic camp

nodonn01
New User

Apr 22, 2008, 9:19 AM

Post #1 of 6 (219401 views)

Looking for academic camp Quote | Reply

I am looking for a academic based camp for my 9 year old son. He is out of school in May and I want him to have fun in camp that is educational. I am looking for science, computer and Spanish. We live in Oakland County Michigan. If any one hears anything please let me know.

JustinB
New User

Nov 12, 2008, 4:27 PM

Post #2 of 6 (217818 views)

Re: [nodonn01] Looking for academic camp [In reply to] Quote | Reply

My child attended the iD Tech Camp at the University of Michigan. They had robotics, computer programming, video editing, computer gaming courses and some classes for younger kids, too. The link is here:
http://www.internaldrive.com/umich/

starviewing
New User

Feb 6, 2009, 10:20 PM

Post #3 of 6 (214790 views)

This is one you can let him try out. We used last summer and my kids fell in love with the programs.

http://www.beestar.org/news/news080506.jsp

It offers 8 weeks of program as weekly exercises in all subject of elem, the science program is esp interesting since it includes science experiements and diagram to resolve the challenge with the exercises.

The most amazing feature is, it's only $30 to pay for a science program for summer. BTW the math programs are free all year round. I signed up after I read a parent review.

(This post was edited by stephenwinbaum on Feb 11, 2009, 7:20 AM)

yvonnemommy
Novice

Jun 23, 2009, 7:56 AM

Post #4 of 6 (207701 views)

Re: [starviewing] Looking for academic camp [In reply to] Quote | Reply

DDs teacher also recommended beestar to me. She said the summer session is great. We have enrolled in it, too. It looks pretty great.

Lisa

mskinner2
New User

May 26, 2011, 3:28 PM

Post #5 of 6 (192578 views)

You can find a ton of academic camps on http://www.campnetwork.com/. It is really easy and should help you. Here's a description of Camp Network if you want:

At Camp Network, we have a simple philosophy- we connect campers and camp directors. Search for a camp and manage a camp all in one place.

Campers and their parents have access to the most thorough camp directory in the country. Take advantage of the variety of search options to find that perfect camp. Additionally, you can sign up for a free account to track your favorite camps and learn about any news or special promotions.

Camp Network provides camp directors with a cutting edge system that promises to increase attendance and cut costs. Camp directors can list camps for free, create free camp director accounts, accept registrations online, take advantage of marketing tools, and donate scholarships. It's never been this easy.

mscadmin
User / Moderator

May 26, 2011, 4:29 PM

Post #6 of 6 (192577 views)

Re: [mskinner2] Looking for academic camp [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Thanks for sharing, mskinner2! Though MySummerCamps.com and KidsCamps.com are still the leaders in the camp directory field. You can search thousands of camps by state, zip code, or category. Millions of parents look to our sites each month!

• MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
  • |
  • 909 Sepulveda Blvd. - El Segundo, 90245
  • |
  • Fax: 310-280-4921
  • |
  • Toll-Free: 877-777-7738
© 2003-. MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: