Camp Forum: For Campers/Parents: Parent Corner:
Establishing a Burn Camp Fund

ronboel
New User

Jul 31, 2006, 8:03 PM

Post #1 of 1 (45554 views)

Establishing a Burn Camp Fund Quote | Reply

Hello,

I am a recently retired fire fighter/fire chief from a small community south of Detroit and am interested in starting a charity fund to cover or defray the cost of sending kids to burn camp. I have some connections with a few of the professional players in Detroit and feel confident that I could get some help and assistance from them in this regard. I'm sure that I could also get various fire departments and fire fighters to help out as well.

These individuals could help with fund raising and/or assisting at the camp in some way. However, I feel that it is important for profession counsellors and staff to oversee the camp and any activities that we would provide or assist with.

At this point I have more questions than answers and am looking for some input that will help me get this off the ground. I realize that there are several ways in which this could be done and the easiest might be to host it at an established burn camp. My understanding is that there is one in Jackson, Michigan, which has been around for a while. The charity event and fund raising I can pretty much handle. Its everything else that I would need some direction on and hopefully some of the readers will have a lot of input on this great idea.

Any information that you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Ron

• MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
  • |
  • 909 Sepulveda Blvd. - El Segundo, 90245
  • |
  • Fax: 310-280-4921
  • |
  • Toll-Free: 877-777-7738
© 2003-. MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: