Camps Forum

Camp Forum: For Camp Directors: Research and Learn:
The Growth of Camp Scholar and How It Can Benefit You

stephenwinbaum
Communications Coordinator / Moderator

Jan 15, 2007, 10:26 AM

Post #1 of 1 (27397 views)

The Growth of Camp Scholar and How It Can Benefit You Can't Post

This month marks the second anniversary of Camp Scholar.

On January 7, 2005, original Camp Scholar Dr. Christopher Thurber posted two articles: The Great News About Homesickness and Healthy Competition – It’s Not an Oxymoron.

In the April 2006 Newsletter I wrote about the expansion of Camp Scholar. (Camp Scholar on the Rise). Now, as 2007 begins, it is still thriving.

To recap, Camp Scholar began as an exclusive alliance between MySummerCamps.com and Dr. Christopher Thurber. Soon, we added several great writers:

2. Dr. Randall Grayson
3. Joanne Kates
4. Dr. Stephen Fine

Now, with the addition of Greg Cronin and Scott Arizala, our numbers have grown to six Camp Scholars.

Greg is an outdoorsman par excellence who has performed as a Master guide and trip leader for nearly 30 years. Augmenting his rugged lifestyle, Greg has gained recognition as a motivational speaker in the American camping industry at ACA National and Regional conferences.

Scott is a fixture at camping conferences across the USA. He is a summer camp and youth organization consultant, trainer, educator, and speaker, and is considered an expert in his field.

---

So how can you benefit?

You can: Get Camp Scholar® content for your website – for FREE! and obtain a news feed from Camp Scholar.

Camp Scholar would fit nicely on your Camp News page. It shows your visitors that you value high-caliber content.

The bonus is the amount of FREE content that Camp Scholar offers. 34 Camp Scholar articles have been posted online since its inception in January 2005, and the number is steadily growing. Content translates into greater visibility and more keywords for your summer camp website.

All of the major search engines will find your website more easily when you obtain more content – and each article is posted in real time, created on your Camp Scholar news feed the instant it is produced by the MySummerCamps.com communications department.

I hope that you will support Camp Scholar by making it a fixture on your summer camp website.

Stephen Winbaum is the Communications Coordinator of MySummerCamps.com

---

(This post was edited by stephenwinbaum on Jan 17, 2007, 10:23 AM)

• MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
  • |
  • 909 Sepulveda Blvd. - El Segundo, 90245
  • |
  • Fax: 310-280-4921
  • |
  • Toll-Free: 877-777-7738
© 2003-. MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: