Camps Forum

Camp Forum: For Campers/Parents: Parent Corner:
1st time overnight camper

teresita.thomas
New User

Feb 25, 2007, 11:57 PM

Post #1 of 2 (72658 views)

1st time overnight camper Quote | Reply

My 15-year old daughter is interested in going to a residential camp. This will be her first time to go to a residential camp. She has been going to day camp at a local community college where they offer academic, art, and sports enrichment programs but has outgrown it. The search for a residential camp is overwhelming. We live in the Chicago, Illinois. I am interested in recommendations for co-ed or girls-only residential camp in nearby states -- Michigan or Wisconsin. Suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Terri

JenD
Novice

Mar 7, 2007, 5:05 AM

Post #2 of 2 (72293 views)

Re: [teresita.thomas] 1st time overnight camper [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Hi Terri,

I live just over in Indiana. I highly recommend Camp Lincoln and Camp Lake Hubert in Lake Hubert, Minnesota. I was a counselor there for 3 years, now my niece attends the traditional camp, and my family attends the family camp held in August (my daughter is just four, but she'll go to traditional camp when she's old enough). Camp Lincoln and Camp Lake Hubert are brother/sister camps, across the lake from one another, with Camp Lake Hubert being the girls camp. They are nearly 100 years old and are considered one of America's premiere summer camps. Campers choose from over 30 land and water activities. The cabins are very modern with electricity, toilets, and running water. Camper to staff ratio of 3:1. Last year, campers came from 40 states and 10 countries, with the staff coming from even more places. More campers come from Illinois then any other state outside of Minnesota. The website is http://www.lincoln-lakehubert.com also, you can give Bill Jones a call in the camp office and he could give you some names of camp families for references in Chicago. Please feel free to email me as well.

Thanks and good luck,

Jen

(This post was edited by stephenwinbaum on Mar 13, 2007, 8:00 AM)

• MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
  • |
  • 909 Sepulveda Blvd. - El Segundo, 90245
  • |
  • Fax: 310-280-4921
  • |
  • Toll-Free: 877-777-7738
© 2003-. MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: